Nassau County Injury Lawyer / Lost Wage Reimbursement in a Car Accident Case

Lost Wage Reimbursement in a Car Accident Case

Do you have questions about lost wage reimbursement in a car accident case in Florida? Watch this video, then call Paul Boone Law today.


How does lost wage reimbursement work regarding a car accident case?


Clients who come to see us typically have not been involved in automobile accidents before. They don’t know how it works. They’ve had automobile insurance for years and years, have never had to use it. They get hurt. They can’t work. They want to know what to do about that. In Florida, if you drive on the streets of Nassau County and Duval County, you know you have to have what is called PIP insurance. It’s Personal Injury Protection insurance. It’s also called no fault insurance. It will pay 60% of your lost wages.

Lost Wage Reimbursement in a Car Accident Case

When you get hurt, one of the early things you should do is call your insurance company. They, either online or through the US mail, will send you a bunch of paperwork. Several of those documents have to do with documenting your lost wages. You or they will send a form to your employer. They will fill out a lost wage verification form where they’re able to go back 13 weeks prior to your accident. They will take an average of that and pay you 60% of your wages. Now, additionally, if you work for a company that provides different kinds of insurance, some of the insurance might be short-term disability or wage continuation plans. You should contact your HR department or the representative for your health insurance, your short-term disability, and they will do the same thing. There will be a coordination so that your wages are protected as much as they can be. At a minimum if you have insurance, it will pay 60% of your wages.

If you’ve been hurt in Nassau County, Duval County, or anywhere in northeast Florida, give us a call and we can help you walk through those issues that are mysteries to you. They’re not mysteries to us. We can help you through these issues, as well as other aspects of your case.

Were you or a loved one injured in a crash and have questions about lost wage reimbursement in a car accident case? Contact an experienced Nassau County car accident lawyer at Paul Boone Law today for a free consultation and case evaluation.

Like Us on Facebook

Out of Town Resources

These Utah Car Accident Lawyers have done a great job creating educational content. If you need help with a car accident claim in Utah, we recommend you take a look at their website.