Suing a Municipality After a Fall

Learn about suing a municipality after a fall in this video. Then, contact our Florida attorney for a free consultation to get started now.


Can I sue a city or county for a slip and fall injury?


We had a client come in once many years ago who was walking up one of the streets on the east side of Jacksonville. She walked across an intersection and stepped up onto a curb that was defectively maintained. The curb was broken. There was a hole immediately beyond the curb. She couldn’t see it because it was covered up with water. As a result of this sequence of events, we made a claim against the city of Jacksonville. We successfully prosecuted that case. Yes, you can have a claim against a city or county in a slip and fall case. As with every slip and fall case or trip and fall case, you have to show that the thing that caused your injury was negligently maintained and had been there for a period of time so that they should have known about it and fixed it. We’ve been handling these types of cases for decades. We’d love to sit down with you if you have that kind of case, talk to you about it, and figure out how best to move forward with it.

Were you or a loved one severely injured in a trip and fall in Florida and have questions about suing a municipality for a slip and fall? Contact an experienced Nassau County slip and fall lawyer at Paul Boone Law today for a free consultation and case evaluation.

Like Us on Facebook

Leave a Reply