Start Your Slip and Fall Claim Before It’s Too Late

Did you get injured from a fall? You must act quickly and start your slip and fall claim before it’s too late! Call our Florida attorney now to get started.

Warning Signs in a Slip And Fall Case

Start Your Slip and Fall Claim Before It's Too LateClients come to us sometimes with slip and fall cases where they’ve slipped on some fluid, typically. They look up after they’ve fallen and they see a warning sign, a wet floor sign. They wonder if they have a case. The answer is yes. Here’s why.

The owner, the possessor of the land, whether it’s a grocery store, a big box store, has a duty to maintain a property in reasonably safe condition and to warn people of defects in a property that they may not see. That’s called a duty to warn. If the property owner has done its job, for example, and put up a wet floor sign, you may not have an ability to make a claim on a duty to warn. If that water, fluid, whatever it was, was down on that floor for an unreasonably long period of time, however, and they knew about it, then whether they put up a wet floor sign or not does not prevent you from making a claim. They had a duty to clean it up in a reasonably quick time, and if they didn’t, they are responsible, whether or not they put up a warning sign.

Yes, if you have a slip and fall case where someone has put up a warning sign around the area where you fell, you may still have a case. Call us. We’ve been handling these types of cases in Duval County or in Nassau County for decades. We know how to navigate our way around them. Call us. We’ll sit down and we’ll go over things and see how best we can help you.

Slip And Falls From Faulty Stairs

Slip and fall cases come in a variety of different fact patterns. One of them is falling down due to a faulty staircase, whether the steps were misaligned or faulty trends or the handrail wasn’t secured properly. We had a case once very similar to that where a lady was walking down an exterior staircase in an apartment complex. We were able to successfully recover for that lady because we discovered when we went out there to inspect it that the stairway was defectively designed and defectively maintained, and we were able to show that. We were able to preserve the evidence, show that, and make a nice recovery for the woman. Yes, you have a claim. Every claim is dependent upon the facts, of course. Call us to discuss. We’ve been in this practice for decades handling these types of cases. We can sit down with you, talk about your case, and figure out how best to help you.

Faulty Handrail Slip And Fall Injuries

We had a case once where a lady was in an apartment complex and she was going down a very short flight of stairs and the middle of the handrail where she was holding it came undone from its moors. She fell and hurt herself pretty badly. We were able to help that lady because the handrail was not moored properly. It was defectively maintained. If you can show that the handrail was negligently or defectively maintained, then yes, you have a claim. That’s the kind of claim that we’ve been handling in northeast Florida for 38 years. If you have that kind of case, call us. We’ll be happy to sit down with you, talk to you, and figure out how best to help you.

Residential Property Slip And Fall Injuries

People have come to us who’ve been hurt on a residential piece of property, i.e. their neighbor’s house, at a party, or at some function where they slipped and fell on something or tripped over something. The rules are generally the same. They’re a little bit different but you have the same ability to make a claim. You have to be able to show that they maintained their property in a negligent way. There are different ways of showing that. Because you got hurt on a residential piece of property does not mean you do not have a claim. That’s why you should call a lawyer early on. We’ve been handling these kinds of cases for decades in Duval County, Nassau County, and the surrounding areas. We can help you with that case. Call us right away. We’ll figure out how best to help you.

Were you or a loved one severely injured in a trip and fall in Florida and have questions about slip and fall injuries? Act quickly and start your slip and fall claim before it’s too late! Contact experienced Florida slip and fall lawyer at Paul Boone Law today for a free consultation and case evaluation.

Like Us on Facebook

Leave a Reply