Nassau County Injury Lawyer / After Filing a Nursing Home Abuse Case

After Filing a Nursing Home Abuse Case

Check out this video about what happens after filing a nursing home abuse case in Florida. Then call Paul Boone Law for a free consultation.


What happens after I file a nursing home negligence case?


Clients who come to us in these matters are very unfamiliar with the nursing home process and the claims process. They know that their loved one has been damaged, hurt, or perhaps killed because of what happened at the nursing home; beyond that, they don’t have any idea what to do. There are two avenues that they can take. The first is to call our firm. We have handled nursing home cases for over 38 years in the Nassau County and Duval County area and can walk you through everything.

After Filing a Nursing Home Abuse Case

Nursing homes are licensed by the Agency for Healthcare Administration. There is a separate division for nursing home oversight. Nursing homes are inspected regularly. There is, most of the time, good and effective oversight. You, as a client, can file a complaint with the Agency for Healthcare Administration. The agency will investigate the case and find out if there’s cause. There are a lot of tools that the agency has to discipline a nursing home, from fining them to revoking their license. Without their license, they cannot have a nursing facility in state of Florida.

The other is filing a complaint in the circuit court state of Florida. Our nursing home negligence attorney practices in northeast Florida in the four judicial circuit primarily, which covers Nassau County and Duval County, and some surrounding counties. We file a complaint after we’ve satisfied some of the hoops we’ve got to jump through. We file a complaint and we sue that nursing home and the management company. Any other entity that we can include, we do. That brings the case to the point of bringing it to trial.

What happens after that is a lot of litigation back and forth. These cases are defended aggressively but we pursue them aggressively, as well, all with an eye toward achieving a fair resolution to your case, either by way of settling the case or trying the case and obtaining a fair verdict to collect against the defendants. That’s what happens when you file a complaint, either administratively with the agency or in the court system, both of which we can help you. If you have a case, a nursing case, where a loved one has been injured or killed in Duval County, Nassau County, or the surrounding areas, call us. We will sit down with you and go through the ins and outs. We will devise a plan that would be best for you, your family, and your case.

Did you lose a loved one from the negligence of another in Florida and have questions about after filing a nursing home abuse case? Contact an experienced Nassau County nursing home abuse lawyer at Paul Boone Law today for a free consultation and case evaluation.

Like Us on Facebook